Tuesday, May 31, 2016
Saturday, May 14, 2016
As durable and stain resistant as porcelain veneers may be, they won't last the as long as they are intended to without proper care and maintenance. The following list includes a few tips to ensure you get to enjoy you beautiful porcelain veneers for years, and years to come:
- Properly Care for Your Veneers- Practicing proper oral hygiene is the best way to ensure a healthy mouth. This includes brushing twice a day, flossing at least once and using a mouthwash. This is one of the most important actions you can take to prolong the life of your porcelain veneers.
- Toss The Hard-Bristled Toothbrush- Porcelain veneers are very durable, however they can be damaged by brushing with a hard-bristled tooth brush. Be sure to toss your hard-bristled toothbrush and replace it with a soft-bristled tooth brush. Also, be sure to avoid toothpastes that contain harsh abrasives. If you need recommendation on what type of toothpaste you should use, be sure to ask your dentist.
- Visit Your Dentist Regularly- It's recommended that you see you dentist every six months for routine checkups and cleanings. Not only does visiting your dentist regularly keep your teeth and gums healthy, but it allows your dentist to monitor your porcelain veneers and make repairs, if needed.
- Prevent Periodontal Disease- Periodontal disease, also known as gum disease, is an infection of the gums that can lead to inflammation and gum recession. If gum recession is severe enough it can expose the top edge of your veneer. Gum disease can be prevent with good oral hygiene and visiting your dentist for routine checkups and professional cleanings.
Avoid Bad Habits
As mentioned earlier, porcelain veneers are durable and stain resistant, however, they are still vulnerable to your daily habits. To properly maintain the appearance and health off your veneers also includes avoiding bad habits, stain causing food, beverages or products.
- Avoid Chewing Hard Items- While porcelain veneers may be durable, they aren't quite as strong as your natural teeth. So avoid chewing on hard items such as ice cubes, pen caps, and you nails. Chewing on such hard items can cause your veneer to break or chip. The same applies to clenching and grinding your teeth.
- Avoid Stain Causing Foods And Drinks- Porcelain veneers may be stain resistant, however, the same can't be said for the adhesive dentists use to bond the veneer. So be sure to avoid stain causing foods and beverages that could possible stain your teeth. If you enjoy to drink coffee or soda, try drinking them through a straw to minimize the exposed the beverage has with your teeth.
- Avoid Tobacco Products- The public has long known the detrimental effects smoking has overall health, yet people are still using tobacco products. Even big tobacco companies point out that their products are exactly safe. If you ever needed another reason to kick the bad habit, this may be it. Again, while veneers are rather stain resistant, smoking can result in staining and discoloration.
As you can clearly see, there are many way to ensure you enjoy and get the most out of your porcelain veneers for years to come.
Friday, May 13, 2016
Stephen M. Miller, MD and Axiom Spa Open House
May 25, 2016 5-7 PM
Join us for a night of raffles, demonstrations, special promotions and catered refreshments.
Special promotional prices on Silicone Breast Aug, Fraxel Repair, Thermage, Micro Needling with PRP, Botox, Juvederm, Restylane, Kybella, Voluma, Radiesse, IPL-photo facials and all of the skincare lines listed above.
Representatives of the top anti-aging products will be presenting valuable information about their products.
This is an excellent opportunity to meet Dr. Miller, his staff and Axiom Spa technicians.
Please RSVP at Dr. Stephen M. Miller and Axiom Spa Open House
Monday, May 9, 2016